Sunday, January 3, 2010

Going down with the ship.

I like to work in twos, and show in threes.



Am in an odd mood right now, most likely because am visiting home in Washington. Have been struggling a little, no "struggling" isn't the proper world for what I'm doing. What is happening is that I am watching things and getting mighty queasy. Am sad that I no longer write interesting articles for you guys, and that the art I do show you has de-evolved into silly doodles and watercolors.

Frankly I don't even know if I am an artist anymore, lately it's as if I have nothing to say and what I do want to say is better suited for miniscule scribblings that arn't ever going to be shown to anybody. And then they might as well not even exist because thats how much of a tole they're taking on the world. Around every corner theres something to put my work to shame and the place I thought I could make for myself in the art world seems to shrink and shrink and shrink.

What role can my silly ideas and clumsy hands have in a world thats already been taken over by flashy computer graphics and billion dollar budgets? None, there is no place for Rebekka Dunlap. I'm just going to end up another interesting yet forgettable blip in the ocean of trendy faux-creative vomit.

Bekka sad. BEKKA SMASH!



1 comment:

  1. I understand completely! I have resolved to keep trying more and more to get better, to prove myself, because if I look around at where I am now, it drags me down. I think all we can do now is look to the future like that. Laura SMASH AS WELL

    ReplyDelete