Thursday, April 1, 2010

Fire Venus


For the first time since high school I did a lino cut. Our drawing class has been gearing up for this for the past few weeks so it was fun to actually produce something. There were some issues with the model, so we worked independantly for the first half and had the choice of incorporating her in the second (which I did).
When starting I wasn't sure what I wanted to do so just started doodling a little and eventually it morphed into someone who resembled the Venus of Willendorf, so there ya go
Of course when moving it to my apartment to finish, lining the plate up became a problem, but all in all it seemed to work out in the end. Enjoy more of my short rotund women!

note: Had an amazing day in etching today, but unfortunately the scanner at my disposal gets really fuzzy and I want you to see them proper. Must...learn...PATIENCE!


No comments:

Post a Comment