Friday, August 20, 2010

Lots of Lions

Thought I'd try out my *cough* parent's *cough* new scanner on a little water color warm up I did awhile back thats just been tacked up above my desk for personal pleasure. Currently I've been finding prisms, diamond shapes and partially transparent substances really visually interesting, sort of to the point where its become like an obsession. Anything that allows for the warping of light really. Fleating apparations. If it had to be explained a prime example would be that burst of untouchable color out of the corner of your eye that blips quietly out of existence when you turn your head. Or when you see the tips of your own eyelashes.







1 comment:

  1. I also find clear/transparent textiles interesting as they can give complexity and nonlinear meaning in a piece. I also find your use of them to express a fleeting moment both beautiful and intriguing. Along the same lines, I'm also quite obsessed in using visual illusions(in size/color/visibility/movement) to express a meaning or to better achieve a function in my design. Though, that's just me. lol

    ReplyDelete