Sunday, August 15, 2010

Tundra Children


These guys have been walking around my head for months now. Once I was done with this quick experiment in damage control it came to my notice that they look very similar to the Pokemon Cubone. Maybe it's a relic from my childhood?

Either way, I like the idea that they just kind of roam around the vastness of nowhere. Looking back I wish I had payed more attention to the composition in respect to how big and overwhelming their surroundings would be. Maybe by like shrinking them down and showing more of the bleakness. But I hate having tiny people, I always want to be close to who I'm drawing! I'm in love with the subject of the picture, not really the picture as a whole. It's a personal problem :)

It's kind of nice to make something though. Even if this isn't the best I'm happy to actually be trying again. There's a lot of bitterness and confusion I had to get over when the last school year ended and lately I think theres been some personal steps in the right direction to fix that. The first, realizing that I you should make art first and think second! Stop focusing so much on limitations.

So much moaning and groaning! But don't give up on me yet I've been making presents for you guys!! Haha so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment